Promote, improve and propagate science and arts of survey statistics using latest technology as means to solve the problems social, economic, political and environmental as faced by the society and polity and to accelerate economic and social developments by providing statistics support to informed decision making.
Showcase the Foundation as a premier international level agency with the capacity and exposure to provide technical expertise in the matter of survey solutions to desirous countries and regions for their inclusive growth and development.
- Undertake and promote basic, applied, adaptive, strategic and anticipatory research in survey statistics, quantitative analysis and related fields and to address the problems of appropriate data requirement and providing robust estimates of the measurable social and economic indicators at different levels of planning to the planners and policy makers for ensuring desired growth with social justice and for reducing the regional imbalances.
- Work on area and subject specific alternative methods of sampling, newer ways of data collection, interpretation with integration of attribute data, geospatial characteristics and with the use of information technology and web applications.
- Undertake methodological studies, impact analysis, monitoring and evaluation studies; to bring out data series and analytical reports on issues specific to industries, Government and Public; and to facilitate statistical tracking of the outcomes under various development frameworks.
- Interact and engage with concerned Governments at all levels in their efforts to refine/ improve scope, content, quality and coverage in various fields of official statistics and to undertake statistical surveys on behalf of the Governments in India and/or abroad.
- Take up as its own activities to complement actions on the part of the Government to improve scope, coverage and accessibility of data on important development parameters for intervention at different levels.
- Conduct sample surveys on various socio-economic subjects like labor and employment, income and poverty, health and nutrition, education, agriculture, industries and enterprises, housing condition and environment, assets and investments through household surveys using mobile application and to collect information from industries and enterprises through their balance sheets and other ledgers, prices from shops and establishments and crop yield on sample basis from the agriculture fields.
- Provide total solution to the clients for specific projects starting from needs assessment to technical planning of surveys, formulation of concepts and definitions, sampling design, designing of inquiry schedules, sample selection, conduct of field surveys, data processing and analysis and presentation of survey results in the form of analytical reports leading to clear policy imperatives.